© 2021 Vimerson Health.
- Our products
- About us
- Subscribe & Save
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and some of us are looking for a way to celebrate. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat for a partner, a friend, yourself or anyone else who deserves a little TLC this week, our Valentine’s Day Cupcake recipe can make the perfect gesture. They’re simple to make, look great and tie in perfectly with a Valentine’s theme. If you want to go all out, you could even display them in a cupcake box!
This recipe will create 12 red velvet cupcakes. They will take roughly 45 minutes to make. You will need a cupcake tray and 12 cupcake cases.
For the cupcakes
225g of butter
225g of golden caster sugar
3 medium eggs
190g of plain white flour
35g of cocoa powder
10g of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp of red food coloring
For the frosting
500g of icing sugar
250g of butter
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of pink food coloring
Any decorations of your choice! Some suggestions include:
Heart shaped decorations
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and place your cupcake cases in your cupcake tray.
2. Take the 225g for your cupcakes and place it in a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and beat together until the mixture is fluffy. It should have a pale appearance. Next, crack one egg into the mix and beat the mixture again. Repeat until you are out of eggs.
3. Add your vanilla extract to the mix and stir in well.
4. Sift your plain flour, cocoa and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Carefully fold the mixture using a spatula.
5. Add your red food coloring and continue to fold the mixture until it is all red.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly into your 12 cupcake cases. Each case should be roughly two thirds full. Place in your preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Once your cakes have baked, remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. They should be springy to the touch.
8. While the cakes are cooling, you can make your frosting. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract for your frosting in a clean mixing bowl. Beat them together slowly with an electric whisk, then gradually increase the speed. Remove half of the frosting and place it in a separate bowl.
9. Add your pink food coloring to the remaining frosting in the mixing bowl and mix it together until the frosting is pink. You now have two frosting colors to choose from!
10. Once your cupcakes have cooled, put your plain frosting into one piping bag and your pink frosting into a second piping bag. You can now start decorating your cupcakes however you please! This is the fun part, so get creative and enjoy yourself.